This is Mono Stereo and Panning Explained...You asked, so Ken answers 24 questions in depth with examples, seeking to de-mystify all things about the stereo field. With this lesson, you will learn to avoid common amateur mistakes while increasing your stereo skills.
Some topics covered include:
- Common pan positions of instruments and vocals
- What sounds are most often mono or stereo
- Listening Quizzes
- M/S (Mid – Side) verses L / R (Left – Right)
- Stereo interleaved, multiple mono, and mono summed
- Stereo field explained – width and depth
- Stereo and mono effects, as well as, panning effects
- Auxes and when to use mono or stereo
- Panning completely explained
- Worst stereo mistakes and how to avoid them
- Mono vs. Stereo plugins – when to use what
- Mono sounds with stereo effects
- The HAAS Effect
- EQ’ing stereo tracks
All this and much more is covered and demonstrated in this 1 hour and 22 minute tutorial for beginner and intermediate engineers, mixers, producers, musicians and artists.
Also included with this lesson is the Audio Session and stems for any DAW and a supplemental reference sheet on Mono, Stereo and Panning to use as a tool in your musical arsenal.