Ken Lewis shows you the same techniques he has used making records for Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Kanye West, Rick Ross, Future, Lil Wayne, Maejor Ali w Justin Bieber and Juicy J, 2 Chainz, and many others in Mixing Trap Songs and Creating Trap Effects. He presents this deep two hour tutorial on how to mix trap music and how to create common trap effects. Ken takes you through a complete mix, from faders down to a finished full trap song including beat and vocals. Using both stock and 3rd party plugins, Ken breaks down step by step how to create many of the most common trap effects such as:
- Panning snare fills, crisp hi hats, enhanced claps, phase coherency
- Monstrous 808s that cut through small speakers
- Mixing rap vocals and ad libs
- Multiple effects to create lush ambient sounds, blasts, twinkles and more
- Using short delay lines to define drum tracks and spread vocals.
- Several different panning & stereo widening efx are demonstrated on hit hats and background vocals, as well as
- Replacing kick drum sounds and making kicks knock
- Balancing multiple pads together
- Filter effects
- Mastering the mix bus
And FINALLY, a long time big request is covered here. That is, how to fix poorly recorded rap vocals and how to give them new life. Ken will show you many standard and unorthodox techniques that will put you light years ahead of the game.
Watch the first 8 minutes of the tutorial for free and decide for yourself. The techniques taught can be used on ANY DAW! Your download includes both the 2 hour video tutorial and the full audio session with stems for any DAW as well as a pro tools session. Learn how to mix a trap song and practice creating your own trap effects and recreate the ones Ken teaches from the same mix session. Mix the song and compare your mix to Ken’s.
The song and session “Big Bank” featured in this tutorial is produced, written, and performed by JaiDon Harrison at CG3 Audio. CG3 Audio creates a ton of amazing Trap Sample packs like the ones found here:
This song contains some strong language, please be advised. But the song is fire and you’ll have a blast working on it and learning Ken’s mixing tricks.
Running Time: 120 minutes
Skill Level: Intermediate
Genre: Trap / Hip Hop with vocals