Mixing Indie Rock
Learn how to mix as Ken Lewis takes you through an entire indie rock mix, a song called “Blur” from indie rock band Skidmore Fountain, from start to finish with no interruptions. Watch as Ken shows you every plugin, every fader move and pan adjustment. Gain insights as he demonstrates all of the mix bus processing. Pick up new mix techniques as Ken explains, in depth, what he is doing and why he is doing it. See and hear the mix evolve from a single kick drum thumping into a fully finished mix ready for radio.
Learn more about:
- Vocal mixing
- Mixing and layering cellos
- Tuning instruments (gently) using Autotune
- Choosing and tweaking amp simulations (sims) on guitars
- Adding effects to create space and mood
- Mixing full drum kit and percussion
- Finishing treatment on the mix bus, and much more.
Listen to Ken’s Final Mix in the FREE section. Then, practice your own mix of “Blur” at home!
Included is a stereo WAVE file of Ken’s final mix of BLUR, the full Pro Tools session of the song including consolidated stems for any DAW.
- Running Time: 90 Minutes
- Skill Level: Advanced
- Genre: Indie rock / Live instruments
- **PRO TOOLS SESSION INCLUDED**
- **CONSOLIDATED AUDIO STEMS INCLUDED**
Another great place to find awesome content from Ken Lewis is on his YouTube channel, Mixing Night. Ken hosts free semi-monthly livestreams with real time sprint mixes, demonstrations, special guests, and more. Register here for the next event to join in the fun!
Learn how to mix, record and produce music from Ken Lewis, as he shares the real world techniques used to make world-class, hit records based on his 25+ years of industry experience. Ken’s credits include work with BTS, Kanye West, Bruno Mars, Drake, Future, FUN., Mark Ronson, Ariana Grande and countless others.